HVAC Project Engineer
Why Patients Need You
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what's possible and taking action.
What You Will Achieve
Your technical skills will help us keep our plants, utility systems, buildings and equipment up and running. Pfizer relies on you for maintenance, redesign, and repair of utilities in our plants, such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, air conditioning, heating, painting and general maintenance. You will be relied on to take the necessary preventive and corrective steps for setting priorities, forecasting and allocating resources in the maintenance tasks.
As a Engineer, your breadth of knowledge on internal or external business challenges will help us improve our engineering products, processes and services. You will manage projects by meeting objectives and preparing forecasts for resource requirements. Your risk-taking ability will help us advance new concepts and methodologies. You will provide technical guidance and oversight to team members and help in problem solving.
It is your dedication and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
- Provide detailed, technical, robust design and operational solutions in support of plant utility systems, including, HVAC systems, chillers, chilled water systems, cooling towers, plant steam, chilled process glycol systems, heating hot water systems, freezers and cold rooms, Fume hoods, Biosafety Cabinets, Fire protection systems, building automation systems, and associated controls.
- Experience designing HVAC systems for pharmaceutical, biotech, semiconductor, manufacturing, and industrial-type facilities.
- Design experience with equipment including: cooling towers, chillers, packaged and custom HVAC units, dehumidifiers, fans, pumps, heat exchangers, control valves and associated instrumentation.
- Develop conceptual and basis of design level design approaches and documentation.
- Experience with systems including: variable exhaust and supply, combustible and non-combustible dust collection, air to air, air to water and water to water heat recovery, general and process exhaust, ventilation and general HVAC.
- Ability to perform humidity, temperature, and utility load calculations.
- Able to specify ductwork and pipe material and size for various systems and pressure classes.
- Experience with developing airflow diagrams, pressurization plans, and classification plans, as well as ductwork and piping plans.
- Experience with developing P&IDs, equipment plans, and plant utility distribution pans.
- Experience with developing building automation system (BAS) control philosophy, details, sequence of operations.
- Construction Administration experience including developing punch lists, RFI response, reviewing drawings, and reviewing submittals.
- Knowledge and experience in writing engineering specifications, developing mechanical details, and writing sequences of operation for HVAC systems.
- Experience with commissioning of facilities & utility systems.
- Manage multiple projects and ongoing work activities within the division typically involving cross-functional representatives.
- Lead and provide technical engineering oversight to develop project execution plans, and associated engineering studies for equipment component installation etc.
- Provide technical engineering support to develop scope of work, project execution plans, and associated engineering studies for equipment installation, modification, replacement, in accordance with site specifications.
- Leverage site project management change control and change management procedures to revise drawings, P&IDs, SOPs and develop initial validation program strategy with site partners, where applicable.
- Provide good judgment and innovation by utilizing and adapting a broad knowledge of engineering principles and practices acquired through progressive experience.
- Support programs and systems with procedures and training while ensuring compliance with all regulatory and company requirements.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), safety procedures, quality standards, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards, other regulatory agency standards, and good maintenance practices.
- Develop and establish strategies and methods that improve preventive maintenance processes and procedures resulting in enhanced equipment performance.
- Perform equipment evaluations to determine and justify new equipment, equipment replacement and incorporate into capital plan.
- Facilitate and participate in equipment-based Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) investigations with good engineering practices and problem solving techniques.
- Promote safety within the workplace by following site safety procedures and perform proactive safety assessments, foster a safe work culture.
- Applicant must have a High School Diploma (or Equivalent) and 10 years of relevant experience OR an associates degree with 8 years of experience OR a bachelors with at least 5 years of experience OR Masters Degree with more than 3 years of experience, OR a PhD with 0+ years of experience.
- Experience with preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Process Safety Management elements
- Knowledge of Enterprise Asset Management Solution or other CMMS applications required
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices), Food and Drug Administration, current pharmaceutical industry standards, and/or other regulations is preferred
- Be highly motivated, show initiative, and work well independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to shift priorities according to changes in departmental/facility needs and be open to different ideas/approaches
- Project Management experience
- CEM training
This position will spend significant time in an office type setting as well as attending cross functional meetings.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Typically, a standard Monday through Friday work schedule.
- May require support for site as needed beyond core business hours.
Work Location Assignment: On Premise
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Last Date to Apply for Job: October 31, 2023
- Referral Bonus Eligibility: YES
- Eligible for Relocation Package: YES
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $90,800.00 to $151,300.00. In addition, this position is eligible for participation in Pfizer's Global Performance Plan with a bonus target of 12.5% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. We offer comprehensive and generous benefits and programs to help our colleagues lead healthy lives and to support each of life's moments. Benefits offered include a 401(k) plan with Pfizer Matching Contributions and an additional Pfizer Retirement Savings Contribution, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage. Learn more at Pfizer Candidate Site - U.S. Benefits | (uscandidates.mypfizerbenefits.com). Pfizer compensation structures and benefit packages are aligned based on the location of hire. The United States salary range provided does not apply to Tampa, FL or any location outside of the United States.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.