Maintenance Mechanic Technical Operations 1
Why Patients Need You
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what's possible and taking action.
What You Will Achieve
Working with Pfizer's dynamic engineering team, you will play a critical part in managing the maintenance and reliability engineering activities involving the redesign, maintenance, and repair of utility systems, buildings, and production/non-production equipment.
You will be developing and applying your knowledge of procedures, techniques, tools, materials and equipment. Your receptiveness to new ideas will enhance the team's ability to achieve goals and targets. You will follow standard procedures to complete tasks and identify process issues or problems that involve direct application of your skills/knowledge.
It is your hard work and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
How You Will Achieve It
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair of GMP production and facility equipment.
- Routine performance of preventative maintenance on process support systems and equipment including but not limited to Ultrafiltration skids, autoclaves, Reactors, Centrifuges.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with applicable Standard Procedures, Policies and Regulations.
- Read and interpret detailed P&ID's
- Know general shop safety practices including handling and storage of potentially dangerous equipment.
- Learn department and company policies and procedures, and develop solutions to routine problems based on them.
- Participate in multi-craft work activities as required.
- Lead the implementation of equipment modifications and assist in the validation documentation and associated execution.
- Take ownership of manufacturing equipment performance.
- Review Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) data, participate in investigations, and interact with operators to resolve equipment related reliability and efficiency issues.
- Initiate and implement ideas to improve production processes to improve quality, safety and product costs.
- Manage own time, professional development and be accountable for own results.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate effectively with various levels of employees.
- Conducts rounds in GMP and non-GMP buildings.
- Maintains all spaces clean and orderly.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of basic mechanics principles.
- Basic knowledge utilizing hand and power tools.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with a variety of professional and trades personnel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 0 - 1 years' experience in bio-pharmaceutical, or clean room environment.
- GMP Manufacturing/ Manufacturing Maintenance or Machine Set up experience
• Should be able to climb a ladder, reach, bend, and lift loads up to 50lbs.
• Should be medically cleared to wear respiratory protections
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
• Incumbent will be required to carry a phone, a laptop computer and be on call as required to support operations and participate in off-hour emergency coverage as needed.
• Valid Mass. Driver's license.
Schedule: Wednesday thru Saturday 06:00AM to 4:30PM. 10 Hours shift.
The salary for this position ranges from $25.31 to $42.19 per hour. In addition, this position offers eligibility for overtime, weekend, holiday and other pay premiums depending on the work schedule and the Company's policies. We offer comprehensive and generous benefits and programs to help our colleagues lead healthy lives and to support each of life's moments. Benefits offered include a 401(k) plan with Pfizer Matching Contributions and an additional Pfizer Retirement Savings Contribution, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage. Learn more at Pfizer Candidate Site - U.S. Benefits | (uscandidates.mypfizerbenefits.com). Pfizer compensation structures and benefit packages are aligned based on the location of hire. The United States salary range provided applies only to the United States - Massachusetts - Andover location.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.