Tech Transfer Engineer I
Why Patients Need You
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what's possible and taking action.
What You Will Achieve
Provide engineering support related to the evaluation, technology transfer, startup, and qualification of new and existing equipment, facilities, and utilities in support of existing product campaigns and new product introduction. Engineering support will include basic equipment and automation troubleshooting and project execution. This may include production equipment such as bioreactors, ultrafiltration skids, Clean - In - Place (CIP) skids, chromatography skids, and other support equipment.
How You Will Achieve It
- Support the execution of engineering changeover and automation deliverables on a rotating 12 hour shift schedule (includes weekend coverage)
- Support the implementation of PLC, HMI, and database configuration changes
- Provide on-the-floor support to upstream and downstream operations, focused on equipment and automation issues
- Support the introduction of new products into an existing biopharmaceutical facility
- Lead the writeup, execution, and closure of change controls in QTS Trackwise
- Author validation plans, protocols, and summary reports
- Identify and implement improvements to reduce product changeover time in the suite
- Support new product facility fit assessments including equipment sizing, selection, and configuration requirements as well as utility usage estimates
- Support deviations and investigations as an engineering representative through Method 1 and DMAIC processes
- Applicant must have High School Diploma (or Equivalent) with six years of relevant experience;
- OR an Associate's degree with four years of experience;
- OR a Bachelor's degree with 0+ years of experience.
- Candidate must be able to work across functional areas such as operations, technical services, maintenance, quality and regulatory
- Knowledge working with computers and associated applications such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles within the engineering discipline
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to locate information and utilize available organizational knowledge to develop innovative solutions
- Strong technical writing skills
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and experience in Pharmaceutical environment
- Knowledge and experience with biopharmaceutical cell culture and/or purification unit operations
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of database applications and Delta V, Allen-Bradley PLC, GE iFix and iHistorian preferred
Ability to sit, stand, bend, and walk to access equipment in a clean room environment
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Position is posted as a 12hr rotating shift schedule on 1st shift (6am - 6pm). Includes weekend coverage
- Minimal travel for equipment support
Work Location Assignment: On Premise
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $62,800.00 to $104,500.00. In addition, this position is eligible for participation in Pfizer's Global Performance Plan with a bonus target of 7.5% of the base salary. We offer comprehensive and generous benefits and programs to help our colleagues lead healthy lives and to support each of life's moments. Benefits offered include a 401(k) plan with Pfizer Matching Contributions and an additional Pfizer Retirement Savings Contribution, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage. Learn more at Pfizer Candidate Site - U.S. Benefits | (uscandidates.mypfizerbenefits.com). Pfizer compensation structures and benefit packages are aligned based on the location of hire. The United States salary range provided does not apply to Tampa, FL or any location outside of the United States.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.