Electrical Engineer - Crane Systems
7 days left
- Organization Type
Under the supervision of the Senior Director Crane Maintenance and Repair, the Electrical Engineer - Crane Systems provides technical support for STS, RTG, and RMG cranes.
- Oversees all facets of GPA’s medium voltage crane power system. Works closely with GPA’s medium voltage power system contractor to ensure preventive maintenance compliance. Monitors overall status of the crane power system and makes recommendations for maintenance, repair, and replacement of the system.
- Establishes, monitors, and controls all budgets related to crane power system as approved by the Director of Equipment Maintenance and Repair.
- Ensures smooth and reliable operation of crane maintenance RCMS (Remote Crane Management Systems), and local crane CMS systems.
- Identifies and implements special projects aimed at improving safety, reducing maintenance cost, eliminating preventable sources of equipment downtime, improving equipment reliability, and increasing the maintainability of equipment.
- Maintains knowledge of port related technology for STS, RTGs, RMGs, spreaders, etc.
- Responds to emergency events due to disabled equipment and supports maintenance personnel as needed to return the equipment to service safely and quickly.
- Works closely with GPA Corporate Safety and the equipment maintenance management team to establish the best safety practices for personnel and equipment and resolve safety related issues and concerns related to cranes and other mobile equipment.
- Leads equipment upgrades on STS, RTG, and RMG cranes. Maintains a working knowledge of installed systems and continuously monitors overall maintainability status to prevent operational deficiencies due to obsolescence.
- Performs short and long term planning to identify equipment maintenance project needs. Provides budget estimates for GPA’s capital equipment program.
- Oversees contractors and GPA personnel performing crane projects. Manages project budget and works to insure a successful outcome for each project. Identifies and implements training related to equipment maintenance projects.
- Maintains knowledge of current OSHA and other related codes, rules and regulations, and their applications.
- Supervises the preparations of specifications for bids for maintenance projects. Prepares detailed information as to services, materials, equipment, etc., as required. Meets with contractors and prospective bidders. Reviews bids submitted for compliance with specifications. Participates in bid opening procedures.
- Reviews and approves crane power, drives, and control systems for STS, RMG, and RTG cranes. Works closely with crane OEM, control system supplier, and other system supplier to establish GPA standards, design criteria, and best practices for equipment.
Ability to work closely with a variety of GPA contacts, such as vendors, engineers, environmental professionals, government agencies, industries and other private groups. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively and professionally with the GPA staff on all levels as well as members of the shipping industry and the general public. Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills required.