Maintenance Engineer I
Why Patients Need You
Whether you are involved in the design and development of utility systems or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative maintenance team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what's possible and taking action.
What You Will Achieve
Working with Pfizer's dynamic maintenance and engineering team, you will play a critical role in providing engineering and technical support related to the operation and maintenance of GMP utilities and systems within a biopharmaceutical manufacturing environment in Andover, Massachusetts. The GMP utilities in scope include RODI, WFI, Clean Steam, Process Gases, (CO2, N2, and O2) systems.
How You Will Achieve It
- Support engineering and maintenance design solutions for reliable supply of GMP Utilities (Purified Water, WFI, Clean Steam, Process Gases) to end users, while ensuring quality and compliance specifications are met / exceeded.
- Support revisions of maintenance drawings, P&IDs, and SOPs
- Provide technical trouble shooting support using Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Method 1 or Pfizer Human Performance investigations with good engineering practices and problem-solving techniques.
- Support proactive reliability assessments including data collection, Failure Modes, and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), HAZOP analysis and process improvement initiatives. Leverage data to optimize PM plans and materials of construction for robust asset performance.
- Interface with External Clients and Internal Partners and communicate effectively with all coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors.
- Support Quality system elements including but not limited to investigations, audits, change controls, revalidations, inspections etc.
- Support Utility Shutdown efforts to complete planned preventive / corrective maintenance and capital projects.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with SOPs, cGMPs, safety procedures, quality standards, OSHA standards, other regulatory agency standards, and good maintenance practices.
- Promote safety within the workplace by following site safety procedures and perform proactive safety assessments, foster a safe work culture. Incorporate safety, cGMP, and regulatory compliance into all job functions and recommendations.
- Provide off-shift and on call support when necessary
- Applicant must have a High School Diploma (or Equivalent) and 6 years of relevant experience OR an associate degree with 4 years of experience OR a bachelor's degree with 0+ years of experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must be able to work across functional areas such as operations, quality, and engineering.
- Knowledge of working with computers and associated applications such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Technical writing and document review
- Ability to locate information and utilize available organizational knowledge to develop innovative solutions e.g., Engineering Turnover Packages, Manuals, etc.
- Possess interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with quality, engineers, and maintenance individuals.
- Ability to shift priorities according to changes in departmental/facility needs and be open to different ideas/approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze equipment failures using personal knowledge and internal and external resources.
- Experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of RODI, WFI, Clean Steam, generation / distribution system design and operation in addition to Process Gases in a cGMP biopharmaceutical environment is preferred.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Minimal travel for equipment support
- Ability to work off shift (Nights and Weekends) as needed
Work Location Assignment: On Premise
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $62,800.00 to $104,500.00. In addition, this position is eligible for participation in Pfizer's Global Performance Plan with a bonus target of 7.5% of the base salary. We offer comprehensive and generous benefits and programs to help our colleagues lead healthy lives and to support each of life's moments. Benefits offered include a 401(k) plan with Pfizer Matching Contributions and an additional Pfizer Retirement Savings Contribution, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage. Learn more at Pfizer Candidate Site - U.S. Benefits | (uscandidates.mypfizerbenefits.com). Pfizer compensation structures and benefit packages are aligned based on the location of hire. The United States salary range provided does not apply to Tampa, FL or any location outside of the United States.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.