Ur-Energy is an innovative, industry-leading ISR uranium company, operating the Lost Creek mine in south-central Wyoming. Production operations began at Lost Creek in 2013 and, to date, we have produced ~2.7Mlbs U3O8. Our second Wyoming uranium project, Shirley Basin has all major regulatory authorizations and stands construction ready. Be a part of the solution: nuclear energy is clean energy!
Offering competitive salaries and a robust benefit package, including wellness benefits (health, dental, vision), generous PTO, 401K Plan with Company match plan, and much more. Relocation package available.
We invite qualified applicants to consider our Project Engineer position, described below.
The Project Engineer is responsible for providing engineering support to one or more of our uranium ISR projects including Lost Creek and Shirley Basin by planning, developing, coordinating and managing projects as directed by the Lost Creek Mine Manager and/or senior engineering staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routinely review and optimize existing site systems including engineering support of maintenance activities.
- Design and construct new systems to meet production goals. This includes design and specification of pumps, piping, electrical, instrumentation and structural designs.
- Support wellfield design and construction programs through analysis and design.
- Provide recommendations and budgets to support proposed designs and projects.
- Implement approved changes and installations through procurement and management of appropriate staff.
- Assist in economic analysis of existing and potential projects.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline, with at least two years’ experience with similar responsibilities preferred.
- Knowledge of practices and procedures for project design, procurement, construction and environmental safety and health.
- Strong computer skills with MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.) as well as CAD software.
- Ability to read and understand or interpret documents such as construction and PID drawings.
- Professional level oral and written communication skills.
All employees must become knowledgeable about and follow Company safety policies and procedures.
Applicants must be currently legally authorized to work in the U.S. We are an equal opportunity employer.