Airport Planner, Senior (Sustainability Planner)
The Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport seeks an experienced Sr. Sustainability Planner to support the City of Atlanta Department of Aviation (DOA) Sustainability Division. This position will report to the Director of Sustainability and oversee managing, implementing, and updating the Planning & Development Sustainability Program for all projects within the multi-billion dollar Capital Improvement Program, ATL NEXT. The Sr. Sustainability Planner will work with planning, design, and construction teams, along with additional DOA departments and stakeholders within the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, to maximize all opportunities to apply sustainable design and construction best practices to each project and assure all requirements for sustainable operation of these assets are included in project scope.
- Integrate sustainability criteria into basis of design standards for all projects.
- Assure P&D Sustainability Goals are included in project scope as applicable.
- Work with Asset Management and ORAT teams to integrate sustainability standards into all Asset Management Projects, Specialized Construction Services (SCS) projects, and ORAT policy and procedures.
- Establish sustainability certification strategies for each project where applicable.
- Serve as Owner's Representative for all certification efforts in LEED, Envision, Parksmart, and others.
- Work with Design and Construction Team Sustainability Consultants to assure certification milestones are met.
- Review/Develop Specification criteria specific to project goals to assure clear deliverables for construction scope.
- Conduct Sustainability meetings for project teams.
- Conduct education sessions on sustainability for DOA and project teams.
- Review all Sustainability Plans and Progress Reports through construction for all projects.
- Document all sustainability metrics through each phase of project.
- Maintain ATL Sustainability GIS Dashboard with all project sustainability data.
- Develop quarterly and annual sustainability reports for all active and completed P&D Sustainability projects.
- Assure the Planning and Development Bureau is complying with all pertinent Sustainability Initiatives identified in the ATL 2035 Sustainable Management Plan.
- Assure all projects are in compliance with City of Atlanta Sustainability and Resilience Ordinances and Directives.
- Update the 2019 P&D Sustainability Standards to address industry best practices and new technologies for design and construction.
- Identify opportunities for innovation.
- Identify opportunities for integration of renewable energy systems.
- Assist in sustainability education for Design and Construction Teams.
- Complete Rebate applications for energy efficiency through GA Power.
- Conduct Triple Bottom Line Life Cycle Analysis using TBL LCA Software such as AutoCase.
- Develop Case Studies and track estimated vs actual energy consumption, water consumption, return on investments to validate upfront investment in more efficient or sustainable options.
- Assist in project turnover process redevelopment after construction is completed for all capital projects