Staff Scientist - Environmental, Social & Government (ESG)
Staff Scientist - Environmental, Social & Government (ESG) Job Summary: The Analytics (Analytics) Practice at Environmental Health & Engineering, Inc. (EH&E) is looking for an experienced environmental scientist to join our team. The Analytics team offers many services including collection, integration, analysis, reporting, visualization, and evaluation of information to support data-driven decision making for EH&E clients and staff. The Staff Scientist will primarily support our Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) initiatives and our legal projects Some of our current projects involve health risk management support for hospitals, companies, and communities; and decarbonization, greenhouse gas, and health impact analyses for healthcare systems and companies. Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages and coordinates projects and complex project tasks.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to others; may have reporting relationship to entry-level personnel.
- Contributes to client satisfaction and business development through excellent delivery of projects, identification of new opportunities where possible, and marketing activities.
- Broadly applies scientific and engineering principles to EH&Es work.
- Responsible for project-related QA/QC and safety issues.
- Prime author on technical reports, and crafts important client or project related emails, memos, and letters.
- Synthesizes and presents technical information for non-technical stakeholders.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Other duties as required.
- Associates degree required (for Staff Scientist I level, Bachelors degree or higher preferred (required for Staff Scientist II level).
- 3+ years (for consideration at Staff Scientist I level).
- 5+ years (for consideration at Staff Scientist II level).
- Relevant experience, training, or academic work in environmental science, building science, or engineering required.
- Relevant experience to include but not limited to ESG frameworks and standards, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reporting and benchmarking, and life cycle assessments required.
- Knowledge of scripting (preferably in R) preferred.
- Ability to mentor and train personnel in programing languages preferred.
- Career interests to include delivery and development of advisory services for clients.
- Analytical skills to include data management, data validation, and data visualization.
- Communication skills to include demonstrated proficiency in technical writing, preparation of slide decks, and delivery of oral presentations.
- Work style skills to include ability to work independently on assigned tasks, as well as collaboratively with EH&E staff and clients. Ability to coordinate/manage complex tasks and project staffing.
- Excellent observational and analytical skills.
- Experience publishing in peer-reviewed journals preferred.
- Occasional overnight travel is required.