Mechatronics Engineer - Embedded Systems
Mechatronics Engineer - Embedded Systems will support advanced electronics technology development for integration into THE COMPANY'S Business Units. Duties will include utilizing the latest technology and tools to develop E/E and SW architectures, build up of bench and vehicle level systems, specifications development of the system elements, and ultimately ensuring that the vehicle systems and components meet customers' expectations and regulatory requirements. The Mechatronics Engineer will provide build support and debugging. This is a role for a mechatronics engineer who has demonstrated success in the development and integration of novel and/or advanced technologies - commercial vehicle applications are of particular interest. Experience with alternative fuel or electric vehicle development and/or manufacturing highly desired.
- Overall technology and E/E design, integration, and validation
- Support of a short- and long-term technology roadmap and overall EAVX strategies, as prioritized by the chief engineer and project team leads, to ensure that overall system requirements are achieved.
- Development and/or support of product documentation including specifications, architecture documents, electronic interface documents, network interface documents, schematics, DFMEA, DVP, BOM, control logic documents, feasibility assessments, analysis and test reports per the procedures and requirements of the gated lifecycle process.
- EE system and subsystem level simulation (e.g. MiL, HIL) and physical system testing
- CAD (e.g. Solidworks) for component packaging (and/or provide guidance to the mechanical team)
- Support Electrical Engineering lead in liaising with E/E and SW suppliers and manufacturers including development, integration, and validation planning
- Participate in the overall Agile development methodology (execution of Sprint tasks)
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, Master's Degree preferred
- Automotive industry experience desired. Commercial vehicle experience especially desired.
- Ability to travel periodically to different suppliers and THE COMPANY'S Business Units.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience making presentations and white papers
- 6-10 years of Automotive industry experience, or relevant experience from another Industry
- Demonstrated hands on experience with system builds (assembling of the system from components and prototype harnessing), coding and debugging using prototype hardware
- Experience in the development of simple financial analyses in support of the development of the value proposition of candidate technologies.