Electrical Engineer The Shyft Group (TSG) Plymouth, MI
Regular Employee Salary Exempt
Who we are
At The Shyft Group we are driven to deliver, and as the North American leader in specialty vehicles, our portfolio of last-mile delivery vehicles, work trucks, and motorhome chassis brings people, goods, and services where they need to be.
We are strengthened by nine industry-leading brands Utilimaster , Blue Arc EV Solutions, Royal Truck Body, DuraMag , Magnum , Strobes-R-Us , Spartan RV Chassis, Red Diamond , and Builtmore . Over 4,000 employees across ten states and two countries work independently and together as one team under Shyft, building chassis, vehicle bodies, and accessories that improve every route, every run, and every ride.
Empowered by a supportive, inclusive, and highly entrepreneurial culture, every person behind our brands is given the tools they need to make a positive contribution to the company, their community, and their families. Together under the Shyft umbrella, our teams drive new synergies that bring innovations to life on the road - for an experience that is safer, more satisfying, more rewarding all around.
With 50 years and and millions of miles behind us, we continue to charge forward
- leading the commercial vehicle transition to electric, innovating across all our brands, and earning our position among
100 Fastest Growing Companies.
What you'll do
As the Electrical Engineer for our Blue Arc EV Solutions division based in Plymouth, MI, you will be responsible for testing, and troubleshooting electrical systems for Blue Arc's new Class 3, 4, and 5 EV vehicles.
You will be partnering cross-functionally and sharing your technical vision and ideas in a clear manner, both visually and verbally daily to develop innovative solutions to our client's problems.
Additionally, the work you will accomplish in this role will be instrumental in shaping the future of how electric fleet vehicles are designed, built, and delivered.
You will also be accountable for:
- Producing electrical engineering documentation
- Managing one's workload to ensure steady progress and timely completion
- Functioning as a productive member of product development teams
- Working on both electrical and mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Working with both low-voltage and high-voltage electrical systems
- Developing engineering bills of materials that are complete, accurate, and on time.
- Processing approved engineering change requests
- Developing test requirements and coordinating component and system testing, including analysis of results and participation in the testing, as required
- Identifying and implementing design improvement projects directed at reducing cost and improving product performance
- Completing complex circuit analysis for responsible systems
- Providing support to company production, customer service, and end-user mechanics for vehicle electrical systems
- Representing the company at industry and technical forums as required.
Expand your knowledge of The Shyft Group and Blue Arc by exploring the Learn More section below.
What you need to be successful
- Bachelor's degree required in Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering
- 5+ years' experience in Low Voltage Automotive Systems (12V) and High Voltage Battery Systems experience
- Must be able to travel some to support the growth of our business and represent the company
- Heavy-duty truck and/or motor vehicle electrical experience desired
- Familiar with FMVSS requirements desired
- Strong communications skills
- Strong troubleshooting and testing skills
The content below is exclusively available on our careers site job description:
The Shyft Group
- Employee Testimonials
- Our Story
- Sustainability Report
- Our YouTube Channel
- Our LinkedIn Page
- Blue Arc Launch Video (YouTube)
- Class 5 EV Crew Cab Announcement (Video)
- Power Cube for EVs (Video)
- Ride and Drive - Recap Video
- Follow Blue Arc on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
Why The Shyft Group?
We believe that when our people thrive personally and professionally, our business thrives. We are committed to offering comprehensive benefits programs that stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a work/life balance.
Medical and Rx Plan
Health Savings Account
Dental and Vision Plan
Healthcare Flexible Spending
401 (k) Retirement Savings
Short and Long Term Disability
Company Provided Life and Dependent Life Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Dependent Care FSA
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
The Shyft Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified Individual with a Disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply, please email us at .
The Shyft Group is an E-Verify Employer
Shyft uses E-Verify, which is an online system operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility and validate social security numbers. Through participation in the E-Verify program, information entered on Form I-9 will be provided and compared to information available at both of these agencies. See posters for more details. E-Verify Notice U.S. Right to Work Notice.