Manufacturing Process Engineer
Manufacturing Process Engineer The Shyft Group (SV) Charlotte, MI (SV)
Regular Employee Salary Exempt
Who we are
The Shyft Group, we are driven to deliver, and as the North American leader in specialty vehicles, our portfolio of last-mile delivery vehicles, work trucks, and motorhome chassis brings people, goods, and services where they need to be.
We are strengthened by nine industry-leading brands Utilimaster , Blue Arc EV Solutions, Royal Truck Body, DuraMag , Magnum , Strobes-R-Us , Spartan RV Chassis, Red Diamond , and Builtmore . Over 4,000 employees across ten states and two countries work independently and together as one team under Shyft, building chassis, vehicle bodies, and accessories that improve every route, every run, and every ride.
Empowered by a supportive, inclusive, and highly entrepreneurial culture, every person behind our brands is given the tools they need to make a positive contribution to the company, their community, and their families. Together under the Shyft umbrella, our teams drive new synergies that bring innovations to life on the road - for an experience that is safer, more satisfying, more rewarding all around.
With 50 years and millions of miles behind us, we continue to charge forward
- leading the commercial vehicle transition to electric, innovating across all our brands, and earning our position among
100 Fastest Growing Companies.
What you'll do
As the Manufacturing Process Engineer for Builtmore and Spartan RV Chassis (Shyft Group brands) based at our newly revamped state-of-the-art manufacturing campus in Charlotte, MI, you will be responsible for optimizing manufacturing and troubleshooting production problems, planning, and designing manufacturing plant floor layouts to properly locate and co-ordinate equipment and material for efficient production.
This is a very hands-on role where you will also be accountable for designing solutions to solve manufacturing issues and develop and implement process improvements in partnership with Operations. You will also be involved with participating in GEMBA walks on a daily basis.
Relocation assistance to the Charlotte, MI area is available for non-local candidates.
You will also be tasked with:
- Designing conceptual layouts for new products and processes
- Enhancing existing products through the design of facilities and processes
- Providing manufacturing technical support for production operations in the areas of tooling and fixturing
- Carrying out manufacturing process troubleshooting utilizing existing systems and procedures
- Investigating new manufacturing technologies, methods, and processes to improve existing operations
- Utilizing Lean and line-balancing techniques to promote an increase in safety and quality metrics while reducing operational costs
- Monitoring and justifying estimated budgets and ROI
- Contributing to daily production meetings to ensure safety, 5S, and VC metrics are met
- Investigating problems, identifying root-cause, and implementing corrective and preventative actions through partnering cross-functionally with Quality, Engineering, Production, Materials, and Purchasing teams to resolve issues
Learn more about The Shyft Group, Builtmore , Spartan RV Chassis, and Charlotte, MI by exploring the Learn More section below.
What you need to be successful
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineer, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineer, or a related field
- 5+ years of expertise in manufacturing engineering
- Experience working in a low-volume/high-variation manufacturing operation
- Skilled in CAD systems (SolidWorks and AutoCAD preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Project, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Hands-on engineering skills and familiarity with production equipment
The content below is exclusively available on our careers site job description:
The Shyft Group
- Employee Testimonials
- Our Story
- Our Commitment to Sustainability
- Our YouTube Channel
- Our LinkedIn Page
- Press Releases
- Product Page
- Commercial Vehicles
- Follow Builtmore on LinkedIn and Facebook
Spartan RV Chassis
- Brochures and Resources
- Why Spartan?
- Follow Spartan RV Chassis on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
- Best of Charlotte, MI via TripAdvisor
- Live, Shop, Experience Charlotte, MI via micharlotte.org
- Charlotte, MI - Things to Do (Facebook)
Why The Shyft Group?
We believe that when our people thrive personally and professionally, our business thrives. We are committed to offering comprehensive benefits programs that stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a work/life balance.
Medical and Rx Plan
Health Savings Account
Dental and Vision Plan
Healthcare Flexible Spending
401 (k) Retirement Savings
Short and Long Term Disability
Company Provided Life and Dependent Life Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Dependent Care FSA
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
The Shyft Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified Individual with a Disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply, please email us at .
The Shyft Group is an E-Verify Employer
Shyft uses E-Verify, which is an online system operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility and validate social security numbers. Through participation in the E-Verify program, information entered on Form I-9 will be provided and compared to information available at both of these agencies. See posters for more details. E-Verify Notice U.S. Right to Work Notice.