Facilities Maintenance Lead / Maintenance Supervisor
The Facility Maintenance Lead / Maintenance Supervisor, reporting to the Facility Engineering Manager, leads and directs skilled trades employees to meet the objectives of the maintenance department in a fast paced, high volume, unionized, manufacturing environment. The selected candidate will coordinate safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale initiatives. Drive throughput improvements and coordinate professional maintenance and breakdown maintenance activities. Provide coaching and mentoring to team members (both hourly and supervisory) regarding lean manufacturing techniques for problem solving and corrective action implementation. Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following;
- Possess a general level of technical understanding related to maintenance, time based maintenance (TBM), condition based maintenance (CBM), and dynamic maintenance (DM).
- Influence the key performance indicators (KPI's), mean time between failure (MTBF) of components and equipment in their area, mean time to repair (MTTR), as well as maintaining equipment at basic conditions and continuous improvements of the equipment in their area.
- Address throughput, run to run, and downtime related issues with equipment in a production environment, supported by the Professional Maintenance Specialist (PMS) where applicable.
- Direct supervision of the Skilled Trades.
- Work with Skilled Trades staff in driving waste reduction efforts
- Actively participate and lead kaizen project activities centered on Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) improvements and waste reduction opportunities identified through cost deployment.
- Responsible for reducing energy (electricity, natural gas, Steam) use and costs through implementation of energy conservation and generation capital projects, introduction of innovative technologies, operational improvements, as well as reduction of greenhouse gas emissions of the plant towards the target of net-zero operation set forth by Stellantis
- Investigation and audit of the existing facilities portfolio for energy savings opportunities through optimized processes, deep energy retrofits, or technological enhancements
- Performing detailed analysis of utilities and facility data for energy reduction opportunities and assessing the potential for projects.
- Applying and securing Federal / State incentives and grants for all eligible projects.