Production Manager Utilimaster Landisville, PA
Regular Employee Salary Exempt
Who we are
At The Shyft Group we are driven to deliver, and as the North American leader in specialty vehicles, our portfolio of last-mile delivery vehicles, work trucks, and motorhome chassis brings people, goods, and services where they need to be.
We are strengthened by nine industry-leading brands Utilimaster , Blue Arc EV Solutions, Royal Truck Body, DuraMag , Magnum , Strobes-R-Us , Spartan RV Chassis, Red Diamond , and Builtmore . Over 4,000 employees across ten states and two countries work independently and together as one team under Shyft, building chassis, vehicle bodies, and accessories that improve every route, every run, and every ride.
Empowered by a supportive, inclusive, and highly entrepreneurial culture, every person behind our brands is given the tools they need to make a positive contribution to the company, their community, and their families. Together under the Shyft umbrella, our teams drive new synergies that bring innovations to life on the road - for an experience that is safer, more satisfying, more rewarding all around.
With 50 years and millions of miles behind us, we continue to charge forward - leading the commercial vehicle transition to electric, innovating across all our brands, and earning our position among Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies.
What you'll do
As the Operations Manager/Production Manager for Utilimaster (A Shyft Group brand), you will be responsible for ensuring that all manufacturing functions within the Landisville, PA plant are performed in a timely, cost-effective manner consistent with established procedures.
You will also be accountable for overseeing all production activities related to the manufacturing of Utilimaster's product line, including but not limited to, emergency response bodies and chassis, motorhome chassis, specialty vehicles, and Isuzu N-Gas.
You will also:
- Plan, organize, and direct production and indirect activities to meet or exceed established production goals in a cost-effective manner
- Forecast staffing needs to meet the demands of the business and staff your team accordingly
- Design, develop, and implement processes that increase yield and improve quality
- Perform workflow analysis and develop methods for the production team
- Partner with managers and supervisors to establish production and quality control standards
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes, procedures, and programs to improve safety, productivity, and
- Implement and maintain OSHA and company programs and standards
- Ensure employees and managers have the required safety training and are consistently working in a safe manner; develop and implement safety programs to reduce accidents and injuries
- Collaborate with managers to address organizational needs, equipment utilization, and maintenance
- Lead, communicate, and coach to cultivate a motivated associate environment of trust, teamwork, accountability, self-confidence, and business ownership
- Ensure operational supplies are always on hand and available
Prepare all required reports and correspondence
- Develop, implement, and monitor department budget and manages expenses within approved budget constraints
- Identify, document, and implement opportunities for continuous improvement
- Stay abreast on the activities of the team, identify problem areas, and take corrective actions
- Resolve issues in partnership with engineering, materials, purchasing, and sales
Learn more about The Shyft Group, Utilimaster, and Landisville, PA by exploring the Learn More section below.
What you need to be successful
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's degree (Preferred)
- 7 or more years of manufacturing experience with demonstrated leadership skills required; vehicle assembly line experience in a leadership role preferred
- Vehicle assembly line experience in a leadership role (preferred)
- Intermediate computer and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred)
- A deep understanding of safety requirements and cautions
The content below is exclusively available on our careers site job description:
The Shyft Group
- Employee Testimonials
- Our Story
- Commitment to Sustainability
- YouTube Channel
- LinkedIn Page
- Press Releases
- Product Page
- Commercial Truck Bodies
- Follow Utilimaster on LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube
- Landisville, PA - Best Place to Buy a House in Lancaster County
- Best of Landisville, PA on TripAdvisor (2023)
- About Landisville, PA via BestPlaces.net
- About Landisville, PA via
- Landisville, PA - Wikipedia
Why The Shyft Group?
We believe that when our people thrive personally and professionally, our business thrives. We are committed to offering comprehensive benefits programs that stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a work/life balance.
Medical and Rx Plan
Health Savings Account
Dental and Vision Plan
Healthcare Flexible Spending
401 (k) Retirement Savings
Short and Long Term Disability
Company Provided Life and Dependent Life Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Dependent Care FSA
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
The Shyft Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified Individual with a Disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply, please email us at .
The Shyft Group is an E-Verify Employer
Shyft uses E-Verify, which is an online system operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility and validate social security numbers. Through participation in the E-Verify program, information entered on Form I-9 will be provided and compared to information available at both of these agencies. See posters for more details. E-Verify Notice U.S. Right to Work Notice.